Due to the COVID-19 lockdown measures in Bangladesh, surgeries for orthopedic patients have been limited to emergencies. Non-essential surgeries are being postponed and orthopedic surgeons are prioritizing nonoperative fracture treatments.
To advance our mission of improving the care of the injured, the AO Alliance Bangladesh Steering Committee has launched a webinar series for trauma and orthopedic surgeons and residents on nonoperative fracture treatment techniques.
The first live webinar took place on 15 May and attracted over 120 participants.
The webinar will be English and is open to participants from other countries. Discussions following the presentation may, however, be in Bangla.
To register, send your name, email, city and hospital name by WhatsApp to this number: + 880 173 171 51 54. You will then receive the link to the webinars.
Webinar series schedule in Bangladesh Standard Time (GMT +6):
- Date: June 3, 2020 Time: 15:00 -16:30
- Primary Trauma Care and Management of Polytrauma Patients (ATLS)
- Complications of Fractures
- Date: June 10, 2020 Time: 15:00-16:30
- Biomechanics and Biology of Absolute Stability
- Biology and Biomechanics of Relative Stability
- Date: June 17, 2020 Time: 15:00-16:30
- Principles of Management of Open Tibia Fractures
- Compartment Syndrome
- Date: June 24, 2020 Time: 15:00-16:30
- Closed Reduction Techniques of Common Fractures
- Basic Plaster Technique
- Date: July 1, 2020 Time: 15:00-16:30
- Radiological Evaluation of Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures
- Principles of Management of Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures