The postponement of AO Alliance’s face-to-face educational events due to the pandemic might have put a speed bump on our path to improving the care of the injured, but it has not created unsurmountable obstacles. Our dedicated AO Alliance network in Bangladesh set out to develop a series of seven webinars for trauma and orthopedic surgeons and residents on basic nonoperative and operative treatments of common fractures, as well as foot and ankle fractures, pelvis and acetabular fractures, and lastly pediatric fractures.
Each event drew an average of 85 participants from Bangladesh and Nepal, as well as several other countries in Asia Pacific and sub-Saharan Africa.
The webinars were led and moderated by panels of regional experts on the different topics and were taught in English.
To view the webinars, click on the titles below:
- Principles of Nonoperative Fracture Management and AO Principles of Fracture Fixation
- Primary Trauma Care and Management of Polytrauma Patient and Fracture Complications
- Biomechanics and Biology of Absolute Stability and Biology and Biomechanics of Relative Stability
- Principles of Management of Open Fracture Tibia and Compartment Syndrome
- Closed Reduction Technique of Common Fractures and Basic Plaster Technique
- Principles of Management of Pelvis Fractures and Principles of Management of Acetabular Fractures
- Proximal Humeral Fractures