Bangladesh webinar series available online
18 August 2020
The postponement of AO Alliance’s face-to-face educational events due to the pandemic might have put a speed bump on our path to improving the care of the injured, but it has not created unsurmountable obstacles. Our dedicated AO Alliance network in Bangladesh set out to develop a series of seven webinars for trauma and orthopedic surgeons and residents on basic nonoperative and operative treatments of common fractures, as well as foot and ankle fractures, pelvis and acetabular fractures, and lastly pediatric fractures.
Each event drew an average of 85 participants from Bangladesh and Nepal, as well as several other countries in Asia Pacific and sub-Saharan Africa.
The webinars were led and moderated by panels of regional experts on the different topics and were taught in English.
To view the webinars, click on the titles below:
- Principles of Nonoperative Fracture Management and AO Principles of Fracture Fixation
- Primary Trauma Care and Management of Polytrauma Patient and Fracture Complications
- Biomechanics and Biology of Absolute Stability and Biology and Biomechanics of Relative Stability
- Principles of Management of Open Fracture Tibia and Compartment Syndrome
- Closed Reduction Technique of Common Fractures and Basic Plaster Technique
- Principles of Management of Pelvis Fractures and Principles of Management of Acetabular Fractures
- Proximal Humeral Fractures
Online AO Davos Courses 2020 Application
14 September 2020
The AO Alliance is offering to qualifying surgeons of our network in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia the opportunity to attend one of t...
AO Alliance provides PPE to countries of its network in Africa and ...
7 September 2020
Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, the AO Alliance has been committed to ensuring the health and safety of its staff a...
Call for participants: Needs assessment survey
31 August 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic is pushing us to adapt to new challenges and develop our educational events accordingly. As a result, the AO All...